Sunday, August 16, 2020

A Different World


The world looks different
 


There are moments in our lives that come and change everything. Sometimes we only notice it years after for what it was. This week I think I had that moment. 


Marrying off a child is a pivotal point. You go from just your own kids to bringing in a whole new person and unit into your family. The entire dynamic changes in an instant. No longer are you the person your child is going to run to with their first thought or issue or dilemma. It’s beautiful and terrifying and amazing all wrapped up as one. 


I’m far too exhausted to pull the pieces out of this new piece of the web but my first thoughts on it are this peace that descends when you see your child so incredibly happy. Words can’t adequately describe the sensation but serene would be the closest I could come to it. 


We had a fairytale wedding, unbelievably since the entire wedding plan actually changed days before amidst corona chaos.  Our community came together in the most magical of ways to make it all happen. I don’t think I ever imagined the wedding prep to include gathering fans, coolers and tables the day before to get things set up. But it only increased the excitement being so intimately involved in the planning. 


It was definitely one of those times I think of freezing the moment See my post on “Click” moments- - absorbing and holding on to that feeling. 


I guess this is more a reflection than my usual blog posts - but it was a feeling I wanted to share and hope everyone gets to experience in their parenting journey. It’s one of those times that makes everything else melt in the background - all their struggles, all the blood sweat and tears you poured into them - it all fades when you see this amazing person taking a step forward into their new stage, beginning their journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment